Swiss renowned luxury art edition maison Atelier WOCS and non-profit organization One Tree Planted collaborate in their joint mission for a more sustainable world. In their efforts in becoming an environmentally conscious company, Atelier WOCS commits to planting one tree for every artwork sold.
Atelier WOCS aims to create a sustainable cycle by sourcing paper from the trees it planted, once they have reached maturity after approximately fifteen years. The company will then be able to produce numerous art editions from its own, responsibly sourced trees.
One Tree Planted anticipates that Atelier WOCS's efforts will both further aid our planet’s already growing biodiversity and help to provide cleaner breathing air for our world’s population.
The below list of powerful facts highlights the environmental value of trees and the importance in protecting our forests:
- Approximately 80% of the world’s forests have already been destroyed as a result of deforestation, and about 46,000–58,000 square miles more are lost with each passing year.
- The destruction of forests around the world accounts for roughly 20% of the planet’s current greenhouse gas emissions.
- 28,000 species are expected to become extinct within the next 25 years due to deforestation.
- 1.6 billion people rely on forests for their livelihoods.
- 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation.
About One Tree Planted
One Tree Planted is a non-profit environmental charity that is committed to the reforestation and planting of trees, making it easier for people to help make a change for a better planet. Beginning in 2014, they have more than doubled the number of trees planted year over year. Fast-forward to today, the organization now works with reforestations partners in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa who assist in planting trees in the ground to restore forests after fires and floods, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitat for biodiversity.