Lausanne-Ouchy | La Vaudoise | Limited edition | 50 pieces
|Title||Lausanne-Ouchy | La Vaudoise|
|Limited Edition||50 pieces|
The Vaudoise is the last boat built on Lake Geneva to transport stones, sand, gravel and wood. It was operated until 1948 under the name of La Violette, the name of the wife of Eloi Giroud, its owner at the time.
It was in 1948 that these transports stopped. That year, the Violette was bought by La Confrérie des Pirates d'Ouchy (Brotherhood of Pirates of Ouchy) in order to keep the last Latin sailing boat in Lake Geneva in good condition. La Violette was renamed La Vaudoise by the Confrérie. It evokes the time when Lake Geneva was alive thanks to boats that crisscrossed it, blending into its landscape.
Today, La Vaudoise sails almost every day during summer, giving to Ouchy and to Lake Geneva these landscapes of yesteryear.
|Printing technique||Étorie on fine art paper|
|Printing house||Atelier WOCS, Genève|
|Authentification||Certificate of authenticity|